APPLICATION SCREENING POLICIES
- Application Screening Fee to be paid in person or by mail.
- We offer application forms to everyone who inquires about the rental.
- We review completed applications in the order in which we receive them.
- We may need up to two business days to verify information an application.
- SCREENING FEE MUST BE PAID IN PERSON OR BY PHONE.
- Please note, if paying the screening fee with a debit or credit card, there is a 3.5% transaction fee applied to those transactions.
APPLICANT SCREENING PROCESS
- Unless joint applicants are married, each must submit an individual application.
- Pay the applicable non-refundable screening fee of $40 per applicant and per co-signer.
- We will not review incomplete applications.
- We will accept the first qualified applicant(s).
- Applicants must show two pieces of identification. One must have a photograph.
Prior Rental History
- Rental history of one year must be verifiable from unbiased/unrelated sources.
- Applicants must provide us with the information necessary to contact past landlords.
- We reserve the right to deny any application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify prior rental history.
- Exceptions may be made for applicants with qualified co-signers and/or increased deposits/payments.
- Applicants must not have any prior rental evictions because of lease violations.
- Net household income shall be at least 3 times the rent excluding utilities.
- Income/resources must be verifiable through pay stubs, employer contact, current tax records and/or bank statements.
- Verifiable employment of one year.
- Debt to income ratio in excess of 30% may result in denial of application.
Credit/Criminal/Public Records Check
- A credit check and criminal/public records check will be performed.
- Negative reports may result in denial of application
- A conviction for any felony, or any misdemeanor involving theft, dishonesty, assault, intimidation, drug-related, sexual related or weapons charges shall be grounds for denial of the rental application.
If your application is denied due to unfavorable information received on the Background Investigation, you may: 1) Contact the credit reporting agency to identify who is reporting unfavorable information. 2) Correct any incorrect information through the credit-reporting agency as per their policy. 3) Request the credit-reporting agency submit a corrected credit check to screening company. 4) Upon receipt of corrected and satisfactory information, your application will be re-evaluated for the next available unit.
Be Advised: 1) Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial. 2) Any applicant currently using illegal drugs or reporting a conviction by any court of competent jurisdiction for illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance shall be denied. 3) An individual whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, or whose tenancy may pose a threat to the community, or the property of others, will be denied.
Download a copy of the application to rent here